Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy
Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy, Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
DNMS therapists believe that when certain needs are not met during childhood, a client will maintain a childlike state specific to that inadequacy into adulthood.
Sexual, verbal or physical abuse, as well as traumatic experiences, attachment issues and rejection can all result in a range of issues which can be addressed through Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy.
In the earlier stages of therapy, therapists will help clients to connect to their own inner resources, including a protective, nurturing and spiritual self. When these resources are integrated, the client will discover how to heal the child states within them. As a result of this emotional healing, a client will experience more positive behaviours and emotions through healing the wounded child-egos within.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- (-) Remove Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy filterDevelopmental Needs Meeting Therapy
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter