Vocational Assessment Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Vocational assessments can help you learn a lot about yourself and your career choices. People who have been successful in their careers, but lack the sense of fulfillment use the results on their psychometric tests as an indicator to implement changes necessary to become happy in their fields. One sign of a lack of fulfillment is when someone has had several jobs, but has not yet found their feet in a specific niche.
If you are looking for a career transition, or if you are a school leaver who wants to start out on the right track, vocational assessments can help you make the right decisions. Mothers who want to re-enter the workforce after taking a break to raise children, might find that their priorities have changed, and that they might flourish in a new field.
No matter where you find yourself, a psychologist or counsellor with training in psycho-diagnostic counselling, vocational assessment and career guidance can help you make the right decisions. He or she will use psycho-diagnostic tools and assessments to test your intellectual abilities, aptitude, personality profiling and emotional functioning to help you find the best career in which you can succeed and be fulfilled.
Vocational assessments can be done for people of different ages, as counsellors can use specific tests to assess school readiness, scholastic ability, sensorimotor ability and personality profiling for young children too. Career guidance for adolescents can help them choose the best subjects to fulfill their career goals, while vocational guidance can help them choose the right careers from the start.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who does vocational assessments and counselling, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychological approach that deals with the way in which clients think about themselves, other people and the world. The outside world affects how we think and feel about ourselves and as a result, our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help a person to change the way they think about thoughts and feelings, but it is not like other types of talk therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on current issues and challenges that affect the client right now. It doesn't consider the past issues that caused distress, but rather looks for solutions that can improve the client's state of mind in the moment. Much of CBT involves looking at thought distortions that can affect mood and are affected by mood, and helps client examine and challenge distorted thinking patters.
CBT can help a range of problems, from OCD, PTSD, bulimia, stress, phobias and other issues that might seem overwhelming to the client, by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Vocational Assessment filterVocational Assessment
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filterCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- School Psychology (1)Apply School Psychology filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter