Parenting Issues Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
It's not until we become parents that we realize just how daunting a task we have to raise a human being. Pregnancy is a miracle for most, and small babies are adorable, despite the restless nights. However, long months of precious little sleep and caring for a helpless infant who can't verbalise their needs in language we understand can take its toll on the strongest of people. These are just some of the many parenting issues people around the world face every day.
Little people have their own unique personalities, needs and quirks and being responsible for them is not always the easiest thing to do. Of course, most parents don't have the luxury to spend every waking moment with their offspring, as we face work stress, marital issues, complicated family relationships, financial pressure and much more. Most children are left with caregivers for most of the day, where they create other relationships and where personalities are shaped in different ways.
While parenting is not for the faint hearted, it certainly is one of the most rewarding aspects of being a human on Mother Earth.
Parenting therapy can help parents to better cope with this daunting tasks by learning how to deal with outside influences, and how to cope with the demands of a young child or a teenager. It can help parents to be more cognizant of what they say to their children and how to cope with stressful or traumatic events, peer pressure, sibling relationships and day-to-day pressures faced by their children.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers family counselling to address your parenting issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychological approach that deals with the way in which clients think about themselves, other people and the world. The outside world affects how we think and feel about ourselves and as a result, our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help a person to change the way they think about thoughts and feelings, but it is not like other types of talk therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on current issues and challenges that affect the client right now. It doesn't consider the past issues that caused distress, but rather looks for solutions that can improve the client's state of mind in the moment. Much of CBT involves looking at thought distortions that can affect mood and are affected by mood, and helps client examine and challenge distorted thinking patters.
CBT can help a range of problems, from OCD, PTSD, bulimia, stress, phobias and other issues that might seem overwhelming to the client, by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Parenting Issues filterParenting Issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Stepfamily Adjustment (1)Apply Stepfamily Adjustment filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- (-) Remove Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filterCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter