Career Issues Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
If you are facing a career transition and feeling overwhelmed, don't think you are alone. Choosing a career, whether it's your first time around, or whether you've been working for twenty years, is not easy. However, thousands of people do that every year with the help of therapists who address career issues.
During tough economic times, it's even more difficult to settle on a career. Your dream career may not be the financially sound option.
If you question your career, it is time to see a good counsellor t who does career counselling. Your career counsellor will help you find the answers to these questions, and more:
Do I see my work as a job, or a career?
Do I enjoy the activities that I perform on a daily basis?
Does my career align with my personal values?
Am I playing to my strengths?
Do I have the qualifications to pursue my dream career?
Do I perform better alone, or in a group environment?
Am I able to delegate?
Do I have management skills?
Other career issues that may affect you psychologically could include sexual harassment, retrenchment, or discrimination in the workplace.
A therapist will help you deal with career issues using cognitive behavioural therapy to address limiting beliefs and attitudes, and find a career in which you can thrive. He or she can also help you to identify resources and develop skills to help you achieve your career objectives. The therapist will also help you to develop coping skills during career transitions, or when dealing with difficult career issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses career issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychological approach that deals with the way in which clients think about themselves, other people and the world. The outside world affects how we think and feel about ourselves and as a result, our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help a person to change the way they think about thoughts and feelings, but it is not like other types of talk therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on current issues and challenges that affect the client right now. It doesn't consider the past issues that caused distress, but rather looks for solutions that can improve the client's state of mind in the moment. Much of CBT involves looking at thought distortions that can affect mood and are affected by mood, and helps client examine and challenge distorted thinking patters.
CBT can help a range of problems, from OCD, PTSD, bulimia, stress, phobias and other issues that might seem overwhelming to the client, by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Career Issues filterCareer Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filterCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter