Counselling Duncan - Marriage and/or Relationship Issues Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychologists, Therapists in Duncan
This link provides a listing of psychologists, counsellors and other therapists in the Duncan area who address a range of issues that may affect individuals, couples and families. All of these therapists use a range of approaches to assist their clients. Please read the individual bios to get a sense of who might be a good match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Duncan to unselect it and choose another city.
Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
Entering into a relationship means merging your life with another person, understanding his or her flaws, quirks and beliefs. With marriage rates declining and divorce statistics set at 50%, it is clear that people are increasingly challenged by marriage and relationship issues, and many lack effective ways to address them. So how can we bridge the gap to understanding our partners better and enjoying romantic bliss?
Many factors affect the interpersonal relationship between two partners who are a couple and sometimes it's hard to see the cause of conflict or friction in a relationship. While some people find divorce to be the best or only option, other people speak to counsellors and psychologists in a bid to try salvage the relationship.
Signs that indicate a need for couples counselling include poor communication in a relationship, affairs, living past one another, inability to resolve marriage of couples' issues, and acting out negative feelings. When divorce seems like the only option, or if a couple is staying together for the kids' sake, that's a sure sign that therapy is needed.
Therapists do not necessarily believe that all marriages can be salvaged, but counselling can often help even some of the most challenged relationships. Through talk therapy, the couple will discover again why they fell in love and what they can do to get back to that place in their marriage. They use a range of effective, proven methods to help couples in any situation to restore intimacy and move past the hurt and wounds to a safe and comfortable place.
The concrete tools used by marriage therapists provide guidance in a supportive and encouraging setting and empower clients to restructure their thoughts and emotions. It helps the couple to work with each other, instead of on one another, helping each individual to find the person he or she is at the core level and to build a happy union.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with couples you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychological approach that deals with the way in which clients think about themselves, other people and the world. The outside world affects how we think and feel about ourselves and as a result, our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help a person to change the way they think about thoughts and feelings, but it is not like other types of talk therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on current issues and challenges that affect the client right now. It doesn't consider the past issues that caused distress, but rather looks for solutions that can improve the client's state of mind in the moment. Much of CBT involves looking at thought distortions that can affect mood and are affected by mood, and helps client examine and challenge distorted thinking patters.
CBT can help a range of problems, from OCD, PTSD, bulimia, stress, phobias and other issues that might seem overwhelming to the client, by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Duncan filterDuncan
- Burnaby (2)Apply Burnaby filter
- Delta (1)Apply Delta filter
- Kelowna (1)Apply Kelowna filter
- Ladner (1)Apply Ladner filter
- Maple Ridge (1)Apply Maple Ridge filter
- New Westminster (1)Apply New Westminster filter
- Port Coquitlam (1)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Richmond (2)Apply Richmond filter
- South Surrey (2)Apply South Surrey filter
- Vancouver (6)Apply Vancouver filter
- Victoria (2)Apply Victoria filter
- (-) Remove Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filterMarriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- (-) Remove Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filterCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Developmental (1)Apply Developmental filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Relaxation Therapy (1)Apply Relaxation Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter