Counselling Abbotsford - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Abbotsford
Counselling Abbotsford contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Abbotsford area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
The neighbourhoods in Abbotsford include Aberdeen, Arnold, Auguston, Blueridge, Bradner, Clayburn, Clearbrook, Eagle Mountain, Gifford, Glen Mountain, Huntingdon, Kilgard, Matsqui, McKinley Heights, Mount Lehman, North Poplar, Peardonville, Sandy Hill,South Poplar, Straiton, and Townline
Explore the counselling listings for Abbotsford to get a better sense of which professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Abbotsford to unselect it and choose another city.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychological approach that deals with the way in which clients think about themselves, other people and the world. The outside world affects how we think and feel about ourselves and as a result, our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help a person to change the way they think about thoughts and feelings, but it is not like other types of talk therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on current issues and challenges that affect the client right now. It doesn't consider the past issues that caused distress, but rather looks for solutions that can improve the client's state of mind in the moment. Much of CBT involves looking at thought distortions that can affect mood and are affected by mood, and helps client examine and challenge distorted thinking patters.
CBT can help a range of problems, from OCD, PTSD, bulimia, stress, phobias and other issues that might seem overwhelming to the client, by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Abbotsford filterAbbotsford
- Burnaby (2)Apply Burnaby filter
- Chilliwack (1)Apply Chilliwack filter
- Coquitlam (2)Apply Coquitlam filter
- Langley (1)Apply Langley filter
- Maple Ridge (2)Apply Maple Ridge filter
- Nanaimo (2)Apply Nanaimo filter
- New Westminster (1)Apply New Westminster filter
- North Vancouver (2)Apply North Vancouver filter
- Pender Island (1)Apply Pender Island filter
- Port Coquitlam (1)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Port Moody (2)Apply Port Moody filter
- Richmond (2)Apply Richmond filter
- South Surrey (2)Apply South Surrey filter
- Vancouver (28)Apply Vancouver filter
- Victoria (6)Apply Victoria filter
- West Vancouver (3)Apply West Vancouver filter
- White Rock (2)Apply White Rock filter
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filterCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter