Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Play Therapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychological approach that deals with the way in which clients think about themselves, other people and the world. The outside world affects how we think and feel about ourselves and as a result, our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help a person to change the way they think about thoughts and feelings, but it is not like other types of talk therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on current issues and challenges that affect the client right now. It doesn't consider the past issues that caused distress, but rather looks for solutions that can improve the client's state of mind in the moment. Much of CBT involves looking at thought distortions that can affect mood and are affected by mood, and helps client examine and challenge distorted thinking patters.
CBT can help a range of problems, from OCD, PTSD, bulimia, stress, phobias and other issues that might seem overwhelming to the client, by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Play therapy uses the client's internal self-healing mechanisms to access unconscious and conscious experiences. The therapist forms a relationship with the client and encourages him or her to explore life events that affect his or her current life experience.
During play therapy, the therapist works at the client's pace. Talking is secondary to play in this form of therapy, and as such the client is encouraged to play while the therapist observes.
Play Therapy is suitable for adults too, as it helps them to relearn self-exploration, which enhances physical and cognitive behaviours. Play therapy gives children and adults freedom, increased creativity and life experience.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Play Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filterCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- (-) Remove Play Therapy filterPlay Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (1)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter