Learning Disabilities Child Centred Therapy
Child Centred Therapy
The child-centered therapy, or child-centered play therapy (CCPT) model offers a non-judgmental and emotionally supportive therapeutic atmosphere. However, it has clear boundaries to ensure psychological safety in which the child can practice behavioural and emotional self-regulation.
Child-Centered Therapy has been shown to be effective in helping children to overcome traumatic experiences and to develop the freedom to express themselves creatively. By building healthy self-esteem, children become more mature, and develop pro-social behaviours.
The child-centered therapist will accept the client fully, including all his or her actions, feelings and characteristics. The therapist won't judge the child, offer advice or interrupt. By creating this non-judgmental, non-threatening context, the child will feel free to explore his or her feelings and thoughts without a fear of judgment or rejection.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers child-centered therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Learning Disabilities filterLearning Disabilities
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Bullying - School (1)Apply Bullying - School filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Children (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Children filter
- (-) Remove Child Centred Therapy filterChild Centred Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter