Child Centred Therapy
Child Centred Therapy, Somatic Experiencing
The child-centered therapy, or child-centered play therapy (CCPT) model offers a non-judgmental and emotionally supportive therapeutic atmosphere. However, it has clear boundaries to ensure psychological safety in which the child can practice behavioural and emotional self-regulation.
Child-Centered Therapy has been shown to be effective in helping children to overcome traumatic experiences and to develop the freedom to express themselves creatively. By building healthy self-esteem, children become more mature, and develop pro-social behaviours.
The child-centered therapist will accept the client fully, including all his or her actions, feelings and characteristics. The therapist won't judge the child, offer advice or interrupt. By creating this non-judgmental, non-threatening context, the child will feel free to explore his or her feelings and thoughts without a fear of judgment or rejection.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers child-centered therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Bullying - School (1)Apply Bullying - School filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Child Centred Therapy filterChild Centred Therapy
- (-) Remove Somatic Experiencing filterSomatic Experiencing
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter