Child Centred Therapy
Child Centred Therapy, Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
The child-centered therapy, or child-centered play therapy (CCPT) model offers a non-judgmental and emotionally supportive therapeutic atmosphere. However, it has clear boundaries to ensure psychological safety in which the child can practice behavioural and emotional self-regulation.
Child-Centered Therapy has been shown to be effective in helping children to overcome traumatic experiences and to develop the freedom to express themselves creatively. By building healthy self-esteem, children become more mature, and develop pro-social behaviours.
The child-centered therapist will accept the client fully, including all his or her actions, feelings and characteristics. The therapist won't judge the child, offer advice or interrupt. By creating this non-judgmental, non-threatening context, the child will feel free to explore his or her feelings and thoughts without a fear of judgment or rejection.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers child-centered therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Children (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Children filter
- (-) Remove Child Centred Therapy filterChild Centred Therapy
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter