Unwanted Habits Brief Therapy
Any action or behaviour that you feel is not useful, compulsive (or it could say "but you do it anyway"), and is causing harm to yourself. This can include nail biting, skin picking, hair pulling, overeating, overspending, over-working and other things. It can feel as if you have little to no control over whether you engage in the behaviour, or it can occur without even realizing it is happening. Unwanted habits can lead to guilt, shame, low mood, and anxiety, among other things.
Brief therapy focuses on a client's present and future, rather than his or her past and it builds solutions. Many brief therapists never explore their clients' past problems, but rather focus on the present with goals for creating a positive future.
Psychologists who offer brief therapy take a more pro-active approach to offer faster care for subjective and clinical conditions. This type of therapy creates natural resources and temporarily suspends disbelief to help the client consider a range of new viewpoints or perspectives. It provides a wider context for the client to view the present, and better understandings that can bring about spontaneous change.
Unlike other therapies that focus on the problem, brief therapy is solution-based. It removes the factors that sustain a problem and prevent change. Brief therapists understands that there are many approaches that, combined, can bring about ultimate success.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers brief therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Unwanted Habits filterUnwanted Habits
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Pregnancy (1)Apply Pregnancy filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Brief Therapy filterBrief Therapy
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Rapid Resolution Therapy (RRT) (1)Apply Rapid Resolution Therapy (RRT) filter
- Reality Therapy (1)Apply Reality Therapy filter
- Shame Counselling & Therapy (1)Apply Shame Counselling & Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter