Career Issues Brief Therapy
If you are facing a career transition and feeling overwhelmed, don't think you are alone. Choosing a career, whether it's your first time around, or whether you've been working for twenty years, is not easy. However, thousands of people do that every year with the help of therapists who address career issues.
During tough economic times, it's even more difficult to settle on a career. Your dream career may not be the financially sound option.
If you question your career, it is time to see a good counsellor t who does career counselling. Your career counsellor will help you find the answers to these questions, and more:
Do I see my work as a job, or a career?
Do I enjoy the activities that I perform on a daily basis?
Does my career align with my personal values?
Am I playing to my strengths?
Do I have the qualifications to pursue my dream career?
Do I perform better alone, or in a group environment?
Am I able to delegate?
Do I have management skills?
Other career issues that may affect you psychologically could include sexual harassment, retrenchment, or discrimination in the workplace.
A therapist will help you deal with career issues using cognitive behavioural therapy to address limiting beliefs and attitudes, and find a career in which you can thrive. He or she can also help you to identify resources and develop skills to help you achieve your career objectives. The therapist will also help you to develop coping skills during career transitions, or when dealing with difficult career issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses career issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Brief therapy focuses on a client's present and future, rather than his or her past and it builds solutions. Many brief therapists never explore their clients' past problems, but rather focus on the present with goals for creating a positive future.
Psychologists who offer brief therapy take a more pro-active approach to offer faster care for subjective and clinical conditions. This type of therapy creates natural resources and temporarily suspends disbelief to help the client consider a range of new viewpoints or perspectives. It provides a wider context for the client to view the present, and better understandings that can bring about spontaneous change.
Unlike other therapies that focus on the problem, brief therapy is solution-based. It removes the factors that sustain a problem and prevent change. Brief therapists understands that there are many approaches that, combined, can bring about ultimate success.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers brief therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Career Issues filterCareer Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Brief Therapy filterBrief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter