Brief Therapy, Sex Therapy
Brief therapy focuses on a client's present and future, rather than his or her past and it builds solutions. Many brief therapists never explore their clients' past problems, but rather focus on the present with goals for creating a positive future.
Psychologists who offer brief therapy take a more pro-active approach to offer faster care for subjective and clinical conditions. This type of therapy creates natural resources and temporarily suspends disbelief to help the client consider a range of new viewpoints or perspectives. It provides a wider context for the client to view the present, and better understandings that can bring about spontaneous change.
Unlike other therapies that focus on the problem, brief therapy is solution-based. It removes the factors that sustain a problem and prevent change. Brief therapists understands that there are many approaches that, combined, can bring about ultimate success.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers brief therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Sex Therapy addresses an important aspect of life and committed relationships. Issues that are directly and indirectly related to sexuality can be addressed through Sex Therapy.
Sessions will involve talking about sex and related difficulties that bring people to a therapist, or that come up during the course of counselling.
Many issues can be addressed during Sex Therapy, including sexual addiction, lack of libido, sexual anxiety, gender issues, undesirable impulses and compulsions, body image issues, promiscuity, loneliness, and relationship issues. Therapists see people who are in recovery from sexual assault or sexual abuse all the time, and offer a safe and secure relationship in which to heal. Couples who have imbalanced or conflicting sexual desires can use Sex Therapy as a tool to find common ground or to learn coping mechanisms.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Sex Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Brief Therapy filterBrief Therapy
- (-) Remove Sex Therapy filterSex Therapy
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter