Body Centred Psychotherapy
Body Centred Psychotherapy, Spiritual Counselling
Body centered psychotherapy is sometimes referred to as somatic psychotherapy. It combines a range of approaches that promote psychological health while considering the body's role in healing and life experience. People often repress the impulses, emotions and feelings that form part of our experiences, and body centered psychotherapy opens up their understanding and experience of these aspects.
This form of therapy offers a level of healing that is not often experienced in conventional talk therapy. The conscious controls verbal expression and maintenance of muscular tension. Those functions anchor and reinforce a person's characterological responses to their environment. Body centered psychotherapy helps patients to become aware of their physiological sensations, impulses and emotions to gain greater control over their thoughts and behaviours.
A body centered psychotherapy therapist will guide the client to increase body awareness to become conscious of their movements, breathing, and the way in which they speak.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers body centered psychotherapy therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Spiritual Counselling incorporates the different uses and understandings of spirituality that are in use today. In Spiritual Counselling, the word spirit refers to the essence of living.
Some people see spirituality as a set of rituals or traditions, while others follow a different faith. These beliefs are handed down from previous generations, or in some cases, people are drawn to a religion.
Spiritual Counselling encompasses all of that, as well as a person's personal well-being and that of other people. It incorporates beliefs, values, associations, arts, culture, worship, meditation and purpose. Therapists use Spiritual Counselling to help clients to connect with their own spiritual beliefs and communities. They will also point out issues where spiritual beliefs, relationships or practices might be contradicting values, beliefs or goals.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Spiritual Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Body Centred Psychotherapy filterBody Centred Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Spiritual Counselling filterSpiritual Counselling
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (1)Apply Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filter