Body Centred Psychotherapy
Body Centred Psychotherapy, Mindfulness approaches
Body centered psychotherapy is sometimes referred to as somatic psychotherapy. It combines a range of approaches that promote psychological health while considering the body's role in healing and life experience. People often repress the impulses, emotions and feelings that form part of our experiences, and body centered psychotherapy opens up their understanding and experience of these aspects.
This form of therapy offers a level of healing that is not often experienced in conventional talk therapy. The conscious controls verbal expression and maintenance of muscular tension. Those functions anchor and reinforce a person's characterological responses to their environment. Body centered psychotherapy helps patients to become aware of their physiological sensations, impulses and emotions to gain greater control over their thoughts and behaviours.
A body centered psychotherapy therapist will guide the client to increase body awareness to become conscious of their movements, breathing, and the way in which they speak.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers body centered psychotherapy therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Mindfulness approaches help clients to be focused in the here and now. Generally rooted in Eastern meditative techniques, Mindfulness approaches offer a non-judgmental alternative therapy for dealing with stress and other psychological issues.
By observing worrisome thoughts and learning to accept situations for what they are, people can learn to cope with issues better and make more productive choices.
Mindfulness approaches include a range of models, including dialectical behaviour therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction, and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. These approaches can be used in a wide range of settings to reduce the symptoms of a broad spectrum of psychological issues. These therapies can be practiced effectively in individual or group therapy.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Mindfulness approaches, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Body Centred Psychotherapy filterBody Centred Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Mindfulness approaches filterMindfulness approaches
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (1)Apply Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter