Body Centred Psychotherapy
Body Centred Psychotherapy, Drama Therapy
Body centered psychotherapy is sometimes referred to as somatic psychotherapy. It combines a range of approaches that promote psychological health while considering the body's role in healing and life experience. People often repress the impulses, emotions and feelings that form part of our experiences, and body centered psychotherapy opens up their understanding and experience of these aspects.
This form of therapy offers a level of healing that is not often experienced in conventional talk therapy. The conscious controls verbal expression and maintenance of muscular tension. Those functions anchor and reinforce a person's characterological responses to their environment. Body centered psychotherapy helps patients to become aware of their physiological sensations, impulses and emotions to gain greater control over their thoughts and behaviours.
A body centered psychotherapy therapist will guide the client to increase body awareness to become conscious of their movements, breathing, and the way in which they speak.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers body centered psychotherapy therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Drama therapy provides a platform for clients to set goals, share their life stories, express their feelings and solve emotional problems. It is a great format for exploring personal experiences and to enhance interpersonal skills to strengthen their own life roles.
The therapist offers a safe and emotionally supportive environment where clients can perform psychological, social, and emotional change. It is a great forum for individuals to explore and address social issues, or emotional difficulties such as personal growth, anxiety and grief.
Drama therapy can be offered on an individual basis, or in a group setting. Many clients find it easier to express themselves through improvisation, stories, movement and drama than through talking directly about their issues.
Drama therapy is suitable for people of all ages who suffer from mental disabilities, behavioural problems, or mental issues.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Drama Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Covid-19 Loneliness (1)Apply Covid-19 Loneliness filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Body Centred Psychotherapy filterBody Centred Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Drama Therapy filterDrama Therapy
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (2)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Jungian Psychotherapy (1)Apply Jungian Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Process Work (1)Apply Process Work filter
- Psychoanalytic Therapy (1)Apply Psychoanalytic Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter