Bio-Energetics, Reichian Therapy
Bio-Energetics aims to resolve emotional issues and helps clients to reach their potential and to enjoy a pleasure-filled life. A form of psychodynamic psychotherapy, bio-energetics focusses on the mind-body connection and therapists consider the client's structure, breathing and movement patterns in therapy.
Psychotherapists who practice bioenergetics are very aware of the psychological defences that also appear in the client's body. The body's unique structural patterns in which the muscles inhibit self-expression. Bioenergetics psychotherapists believe that each physical expression has meaning.
During a bio-energetics session, the psychotherapist will introduce the client to exercises and other physical expressions that can help the client explore the freedom of releasing those patterns and to recover some of the repressed feelings inside of them. The result is that the client will become more free and spontaneous and enjoy life feeling safer and healthier with a strong connection to his or her inner self.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers bio-energetic therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Bio-Energetics filterBio-Energetics
- (-) Remove Reichian Therapy filterReichian Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter