Personal Growth Animal Assisted Therapy
Personal growth is an essential part of the human experience. Life is ever-changing and ever evolving, and as productive members of society, we have the responsibility to expand. This need and inevitability of constant change could cause us to feel a lack of security and stability.
Personal growth reflects the changes of life transitions and changes. It shows your desire and ability to be an active participant in life and in your journey as a human being.
There are many personal growth goals that will help you better deal with life changes and moving through the stages presented. Therapy can help you define your goals and determine ways for you to reach those personal growth outcomes that will help you become the person you want to be. The most important benefit of counselling is that it can help you to turn challenges into opportunities for personal growth.
Counselling can help you to improve interpersonal communication, overcome self-doubt, reach your potential, maximize your strengths, minimize weaknesses, achieve personal goals, manage time better, become more organized and improve your mindset. If you need to learn to say yes to life and no to unnecessary demands, abuse or mediocrity, personal growth counselling is for you.
Personal growth counselling will help you assess where you find yourself right now, and where you want to go. It will help you find the path to your personal growth success through exploring your strengths and weaknesses, as well as your current behaviors and beliefs. A therapist will guide you through your own inner wisdom to find your path to success.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers personal growth to help identify your stumbling blocks to success and other issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Animal Assisted Therapy
Animal-assisted therapy uses animals, and dogs in particular, to improve cognitive and emotional functioning. Animals help to build a report between the therapist and the patient, and can include domesticated pets and farm animals.
During the first stages of animal-assisted therapy, the therapist will assess the client's needs without animals present. The animal is only introduced once the therapist has developed a treatment plan.
The next stage involves a bond being developed between the client and the animal through motor skills. The animals are used to motivate the client, and to create positive interactions that can be translated into human interaction.
The therapist will monitor improvement and once a positive interaction is established between the client and the animal, the client is given independence in making choices for their partner in Animal-assisted therapy (AAT) therapy.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers Animal-assisted therapy (AAT) therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Personal Growth filterPersonal Growth
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Animal Assisted Therapy filterAnimal Assisted Therapy
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (1)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Somatic Transformation (1)Apply Somatic Transformation filter