Animal Assisted Therapy
Animal Assisted Therapy, Telephone Counselling
Animal-assisted therapy uses animals, and dogs in particular, to improve cognitive and emotional functioning. Animals help to build a report between the therapist and the patient, and can include domesticated pets and farm animals.
During the first stages of animal-assisted therapy, the therapist will assess the client's needs without animals present. The animal is only introduced once the therapist has developed a treatment plan.
The next stage involves a bond being developed between the client and the animal through motor skills. The animals are used to motivate the client, and to create positive interactions that can be translated into human interaction.
The therapist will monitor improvement and once a positive interaction is established between the client and the animal, the client is given independence in making choices for their partner in Animal-assisted therapy (AAT) therapy.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers Animal-assisted therapy (AAT) therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Telephone Counselling can be an excellent solution for people with busy schedules. Many therapists now offer talking therapies via Telephone Counselling and online video sessions, to make counselling more readily available and more affordable to more people.
Telephone Counselling typically uses talking therapy as an approach, which is ideal for people dealing with negative mindsets and emotions, as it can help them make positive changes.
While therapies are divided into a different types, therapists will often find models that work best for their clients, based on their own personal styles. Therapists also combine approaches for best results.
If you have trouble getting an appointment with a local therapist, or if you can't meet up with someone on a regular basis, consider Telephone Counselling.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Telephone Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1)Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1)Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Brain Health (1)Apply Brain Health filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- (-) Remove Animal Assisted Therapy filterAnimal Assisted Therapy
- (-) Remove Telephone Counselling filterTelephone Counselling
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Divorce Mediation (1)Apply Divorce Mediation filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter