Life Transitions Adoption Counselling
Life transitions can be rewarding, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily easy. Change usually comes with mixed emotions, challenges and stress. It's natural to feel anxious, confused, unsettled and fatigued, no matter how you have looked forward to a change. While promotions at work can be positive and exciting, there are also negative transitions that could make you feel hopeless and negative, anxious and unable to see the solutions to the inevitable problems you face.
Some of the common transitions that people face include moving house, divorce, remarriage, empty nest syndrome, concerns about aging, adjusting to a new job, illness, or death of a loved one.
During periods of transitions, it's common for emotions from some of your past experiences to be triggered, which can make the current situation feel so much worse. That's when confusion takes over, leaving you feeling out of control and confused.
Transition counselling can help you deal with your life changes and the emotions that you are feeling in a safe and effective manner. You will be able to find the root causes of your reactions and you will be able to face the changes head on. You may even be able to push past your self-imposed limits to broaden your horizons and find a strong, new you.
You will gain clarity and understanding, as well as self-confidence to help you feel more grounded and you will develop a sense of purpose in your life. Transition therapy has helped hundreds of thousands of people to come to terms with difficult issues in life and you can too.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses transitions, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Adoption has a tendency to affect not only the adopted child and the adoptive parents, but also everyone else in the extended family. The emotional effects of adoption can cause a wide range of emotional effects which can be addressed by adoption counselling.
An adoption counsellor could assist families and individuals who have been touched by adoption to deal with any emotional issues that surround it. During individual or group adoption counselling sessions, the therapist will help clients to explore their emotions and understand why they feel a certain way. They will learn how to develop better stress management techniques and develop coping strategies.
Most adoption counsellors will use a range of approaches to suit each individual case and their therapies may include family, psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy. These therapies deal with the ways in which people's past thoughts affect their current perceptions and behaviours. They also will address current issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers adoption counselling, please look at the listings below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Life Transitions filterLife Transitions
- Adoption Issues (3)Apply Adoption Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (3)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (3)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (3)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (2)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (2)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (2)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (2)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (2)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (2)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Vocational Assessment (1)Apply Vocational Assessment filter
- (-) Remove Adoption Counselling filterAdoption Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Adolescent Therapy (2)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (3)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (2)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (2)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (2)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter