Divorce and/or Separation Adoption Counselling
Divorce and/or Separation
Breaking the vow of "till death do us part" and getting divorced has been listed on the list of top things that people fear. The end of a marriage can indeed cause incredible confusion, sadness, grief, anger, guilt, fear, anxiety and shame. Not only does the end of a marriage affect a couple, but also the children.
Issues that can cause a marriage to fail include criticism, lack of respect, defensiveness, and aloofness, to name a few. Dealing with these issues might save a marriage. Mediation therapy can help couples even before a divorce, when the signs of marital disintegration starts to show. Couples therapy is an excellent tool at that point in a marriage to see whether saving the marriage is a viable option, and if it's not, it can help them find ways to reach settlements, move forward, and co-parent in a healthy and constructive way.
For children going through the divorce of their parents, therapy is critical. While parents are facing the realities of divorce and the emotional trauma, they often don't have the time or inclination to help their children deal with their sense of abandonment, pain, loss or guilt. Children may even feel that they are to blame for their parents' problems. Therapy can help children to come to terms with these issues and find strategies to move forward in a positive way.
In the case where couples counselling is not an option, a therapist can help the person who was left behind deal with the grief from the divorce. Therapy is aimed at empowering the individual to overcome grief and negative emotions and to move forward as a single person.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses divorce issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Adoption has a tendency to affect not only the adopted child and the adoptive parents, but also everyone else in the extended family. The emotional effects of adoption can cause a wide range of emotional effects which can be addressed by adoption counselling.
An adoption counsellor could assist families and individuals who have been touched by adoption to deal with any emotional issues that surround it. During individual or group adoption counselling sessions, the therapist will help clients to explore their emotions and understand why they feel a certain way. They will learn how to develop better stress management techniques and develop coping strategies.
Most adoption counsellors will use a range of approaches to suit each individual case and their therapies may include family, psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy. These therapies deal with the ways in which people's past thoughts affect their current perceptions and behaviours. They also will address current issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers adoption counselling, please look at the listings below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Divorce and/or Separation filterDivorce and/or Separation
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Adoption Issues (1)Apply Adoption Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (2)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (2)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Stepfamily Adjustment (1)Apply Stepfamily Adjustment filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Adoption Counselling filterAdoption Counselling
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (3)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (2)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (1)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (3)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Divorce Mediation (1)Apply Divorce Mediation filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (2)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (2)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (2)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter