Adoption Counselling, Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Adoption has a tendency to affect not only the adopted child and the adoptive parents, but also everyone else in the extended family. The emotional effects of adoption can cause a wide range of emotional effects which can be addressed by adoption counselling.
An adoption counsellor could assist families and individuals who have been touched by adoption to deal with any emotional issues that surround it. During individual or group adoption counselling sessions, the therapist will help clients to explore their emotions and understand why they feel a certain way. They will learn how to develop better stress management techniques and develop coping strategies.
Most adoption counsellors will use a range of approaches to suit each individual case and their therapies may include family, psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy. These therapies deal with the ways in which people's past thoughts affect their current perceptions and behaviours. They also will address current issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers adoption counselling, please look at the listings below.
The Gottman Method Couples Therapy is ideal for couples who wish to develop a deeper empathy, awareness and understanding within their relationships. These are some of the important aspects that lead to interpersonal growth and deeper intimacy.
By using scientifically proven techniques and exercises, the Gottman Method Couples Therapy helps to break down the walls that prevent couples from communicating and bonding effectively. This method has proven to be highly effective in providing lasting results within relationship dynamics.
The Gottman Method Couples Therapy helps to channel effective verbal communication and to remove barriers. As a result, clients can expect increased intimacy, empathy, understanding, affection and respect.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Gottman Method Couples Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Adoption Counselling filterAdoption Counselling
- (-) Remove Gottman Method Couples Therapy filterGottman Method Couples Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter