Adoption Counselling, Divorce Mediation
Adoption has a tendency to affect not only the adopted child and the adoptive parents, but also everyone else in the extended family. The emotional effects of adoption can cause a wide range of emotional effects which can be addressed by adoption counselling.
An adoption counsellor could assist families and individuals who have been touched by adoption to deal with any emotional issues that surround it. During individual or group adoption counselling sessions, the therapist will help clients to explore their emotions and understand why they feel a certain way. They will learn how to develop better stress management techniques and develop coping strategies.
Most adoption counsellors will use a range of approaches to suit each individual case and their therapies may include family, psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy. These therapies deal with the ways in which people's past thoughts affect their current perceptions and behaviours. They also will address current issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers adoption counselling, please look at the listings below.
Divorce mediation is a great option for couples standing at the end of a marriage, which is one of the most stressful experiences in life. While the partner who is left behind is bound to be filled with grief, anger, guilt, shame, anxiety and fear, the one who opts to leave is not free from emotional issues, either. The stress compounds when children are involved and can cause lengthy and gut-wrenching legal battles.
Therapy can help couples who are in doubt about the future of their marriage, while others require help transitioning from being one of a couple to becoming single.
Divorce Mediation offers both parties the opportunity to find closure and to come to terms with some of the outstanding issues of divorce that may otherwise extend litigation time and costs.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Divorce Mediation, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adoption Issues (1)Apply Adoption Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- (-) Remove Adoption Counselling filterAdoption Counselling
- (-) Remove Divorce Mediation filterDivorce Mediation
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter