Adoption Counselling, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Adoption has a tendency to affect not only the adopted child and the adoptive parents, but also everyone else in the extended family. The emotional effects of adoption can cause a wide range of emotional effects which can be addressed by adoption counselling.
An adoption counsellor could assist families and individuals who have been touched by adoption to deal with any emotional issues that surround it. During individual or group adoption counselling sessions, the therapist will help clients to explore their emotions and understand why they feel a certain way. They will learn how to develop better stress management techniques and develop coping strategies.
Most adoption counsellors will use a range of approaches to suit each individual case and their therapies may include family, psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy. These therapies deal with the ways in which people's past thoughts affect their current perceptions and behaviours. They also will address current issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor who offers adoption counselling, please look at the listings below.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is helpful in helping clients who suffer from a wide range of mental health issues. It is most commonly used for people that are having problems managing their emotions. It typically includes individual and group sessions with focus on skill learning of attention, managing emotions and interpersonal skills.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy helps individuals to cope with stressful situations and distressing emotions to help improve their interpersonal relationships. During times of stress, a person usually acts automatically with no regard for consequences, and this often leads to self-destructive behaviours such as self-harm, manipulation and poor eating and sleeping habits. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy can help a client to make better decisions.
During sessions, the therapist will discuss different viewpoints, because they share the theory that opposites can, and do, co-exist. The therapist will teach the client helpful skills that will help the client to accept or change a situation.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adoption Issues (1)Apply Adoption Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- (-) Remove Adoption Counselling filterAdoption Counselling
- (-) Remove Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filterDialectical Behaviour Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Divorce Mediation (1)Apply Divorce Mediation filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter