Adolescent Issues Adolescent Therapy
Adolescent counselling aims to prevent and treat the many issues faced by adolescents. Parents face the responsibility of raising young adults who will shape the future in this world with more temptations, distractions and issues than ever before. Children inadvertently tend to take the blame for situations onto themselves and this can lead to a lot of stress and pressure for them.
Adolescent counselling typically works with adolescents between the ages of 12-18 years in a non-judgmental, safe and caring environment. Here, therapists can help young people to explore any issues they are facing in their relationships with friends, school, and family.
Most adolescents need guidance at one point or another in their lives and adolescent counselling is the perfect medium, especially when your child's behavior has changed. A teenager who has suddenly become withdrawn, stressed, depressed or moody could use someone to talk to. Sometimes teenagers turn to drugs, food, self-harm, bullying, or sex as an outlet for their stress.
If you are concerned that your child seems to be concerned about issues at school, cyber bullying, sexual experimentation, or if he or she has been getting into trouble at school, or if you think he or she might be taking drugs, counselling may be beneficial.
Therapists engage a range of methods to deal with the issues teenagers face. From art and music therapy to cognitive behavioural therapy, there is a type of adolescent counselling that will likely be of benefit.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist with specialized training in adolescent counselling you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Adolescents don't come with instructions and raising a teenager to become a successful contributor to society can be stressful. Adolescent counselling can help a parent to ensure that they are on the right track, and to deal with any issues they may be facing.
It is common for teens to face challenges and adolescent therapy can be very helpful. One of the main areas this type of therapy addresses is the interpersonal relationships between the teenager and his or her family members. It can help improve communication and interactions between the family members and promote healing.
Teenagers need a lot of love and a strong support structure in which they can heal and grow. It can be challenging to be on the cusp of adulthood and adolescence is often a very challenging transitional period. Adolescent counselling offers a secure and non-judgmental environment for teenagers to transition from childhood into adolescence. It will address issues of behaviour, puberty, emotions, and in some cases even nutrition.
If you are looking at Adolescent Therapy for your child, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Adolescent Issues filterAdolescent Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (1)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Family Violence (1)Apply Family Violence filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (2)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Adolescent Therapy filterAdolescent Therapy
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) (1)Apply Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psycho-Educational Groups (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Groups filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (2)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter