Adolescent Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Adolescents don't come with instructions and raising a teenager to become a successful contributor to society can be stressful. Adolescent counselling can help a parent to ensure that they are on the right track, and to deal with any issues they may be facing.
It is common for teens to face challenges and adolescent therapy can be very helpful. One of the main areas this type of therapy addresses is the interpersonal relationships between the teenager and his or her family members. It can help improve communication and interactions between the family members and promote healing.
Teenagers need a lot of love and a strong support structure in which they can heal and grow. It can be challenging to be on the cusp of adulthood and adolescence is often a very challenging transitional period. Adolescent counselling offers a secure and non-judgmental environment for teenagers to transition from childhood into adolescence. It will address issues of behaviour, puberty, emotions, and in some cases even nutrition.
If you are looking at Adolescent Therapy for your child, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.