Adolescent Therapy, Group Therapy
Adolescents don't come with instructions and raising a teenager to become a successful contributor to society can be stressful. Adolescent counselling can help a parent to ensure that they are on the right track, and to deal with any issues they may be facing.
It is common for teens to face challenges and adolescent therapy can be very helpful. One of the main areas this type of therapy addresses is the interpersonal relationships between the teenager and his or her family members. It can help improve communication and interactions between the family members and promote healing.
Teenagers need a lot of love and a strong support structure in which they can heal and grow. It can be challenging to be on the cusp of adulthood and adolescence is often a very challenging transitional period. Adolescent counselling offers a secure and non-judgmental environment for teenagers to transition from childhood into adolescence. It will address issues of behaviour, puberty, emotions, and in some cases even nutrition.
If you are looking at Adolescent Therapy for your child, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Group Therapy is generally offered in a setting with a single therapist and a group of up to around twelve participants who share a common or related issue. Therapists sometimes suggest group therapy if a group format suits the person or the issue better, or if the treatment type has a group therapy aspect, such as art therapy or dialectical behaviour therapy.
By observing other people in group therapy, a person can receive helpful feedback from other group members. These varied perspectives can help to promote change and growth. Group therapy helps people to develop better coping methods by learning from others. By seeing how other group therapy members handle situations, people can follow their examples and grow from that.
Group therapy is generally more affordable and at the same time, it allows people to learn better social skills.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Group Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (1)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Adolescent Therapy filterAdolescent Therapy
- (-) Remove Group Therapy filterGroup Therapy
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) (1)Apply Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psycho-Educational Groups (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Groups filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter