Marriage and/or Relationship Issues ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
Entering into a relationship means merging your life with another person, understanding his or her flaws, quirks and beliefs. With marriage rates declining and divorce statistics set at 50%, it is clear that people are increasingly challenged by marriage and relationship issues, and many lack effective ways to address them. So how can we bridge the gap to understanding our partners better and enjoying romantic bliss?
Many factors affect the interpersonal relationship between two partners who are a couple and sometimes it's hard to see the cause of conflict or friction in a relationship. While some people find divorce to be the best or only option, other people speak to counsellors and psychologists in a bid to try salvage the relationship.
Signs that indicate a need for couples counselling include poor communication in a relationship, affairs, living past one another, inability to resolve marriage of couples' issues, and acting out negative feelings. When divorce seems like the only option, or if a couple is staying together for the kids' sake, that's a sure sign that therapy is needed.
Therapists do not necessarily believe that all marriages can be salvaged, but counselling can often help even some of the most challenged relationships. Through talk therapy, the couple will discover again why they fell in love and what they can do to get back to that place in their marriage. They use a range of effective, proven methods to help couples in any situation to restore intimacy and move past the hurt and wounds to a safe and comfortable place.
The concrete tools used by marriage therapists provide guidance in a supportive and encouraging setting and empower clients to restructure their thoughts and emotions. It helps the couple to work with each other, instead of on one another, helping each individual to find the person he or she is at the core level and to build a happy union.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with couples you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
Therapists offer a wide range of approaches and ADHD coping strategies that can be valuable in overcoming the challenges of ADD/ADHD. Coaching is an effective tool in the treatment of ADHD. While traditional psychologists offer a range of approaches to deal with emotional problems, those who work with ADHD clients help implement practical solutions that improve situations in everyday life. Known as behavioural therapists, they offer strategies to help you prioritize tasks, structure your environment and manage your finances.
Organizing your work and home environment for optimum results can make life a lot easier and therapists can help with that. They may come to your home or office and look at ways to improve the organization and make suggestions for increased efficiency.
If you have ADD/ADHD and you could benefit from learning how to organize your environment and to prioritize tasks, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filterADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (1)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter