Counselling Fort St John - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Fort St John
Squamish, Fort St John
Counselling Squamish contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Squamish area.
These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Squamish neighbourhoods included Valleycliffe, Dowtown, Dentville and Northyards, Garibaldi Estates, Garibaldi Highlands, Brackendale, and Rural Squamish.
Explore the counselling listings for Squamish to get a better sense of which professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Squamish to unselect it and choose another city.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.