Counselling North Vancouver - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in North Vancouver
Counselling North Vancouver contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the North Vancouver area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. The therapists on this page work with individuals, couples and families using a range of effective approaches. Regardless of whether you are looking for individual counselling, marriage counselling or family therapy you will be able to find an effective therapist here.
These North Vancouver counselling therapists have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
North Vancouver consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Grouse Woods, Canyon Heights, Capilano Highlands, Capilano, Pemberton Heights, Pemberton, Norgate, Forest Hills, Delbrook, Hamilton, Upper Lonsdale, Central Lonsdale, Lower Lonsdale, Braemar, Tempe, Boulevard, Queensbury, Lynn Valley, Westlynn, Calverhall, Lynnmour, Seymour, Blueridge, Windsor Park, Indian River, Roche Point, Woodlands S.C., Deep Cove, Dollarton
Explore the information within the counselling listings for North Vancouver to get a better sense of which counsellor or Counselling Psychologist might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for North Vancouver to unselect it and choose another city.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1)Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- (-) Remove Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filterAcceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter