Counselling Maple Ridge - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Maple Ridge
Counselling Maple Ridge contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Maple Ridge area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise.
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Maple Ridge to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Maple Ridge consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Albion, Cottonwood, East Central, North Maple Ridge, Northeast, Northwest Maple Ridge, Silver Valley, Southwest Maple Ridge, Thornhill, Websters Corners, West Central, Whonnock
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Maple Ridge to unselect it and choose another city.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.