Counselling Burnaby - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Burnaby
Counselling Burnaby contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Burnaby area. Counselling by these therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Burnaby consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Burnaby East East Burnaby, Edmonds, The Crest
Burnaby North Brentwood Park, Capitol Hill, Cariboo, Central Burnaby, Government Road, Lake City Industrial, Lochdale, Montecito, Oakdale, Parkcrest, Simon Fraser Hills, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver Heights, Westridge, Willingdon Heights
Burnaby South Big Bend, Buckingham Heights, Burnaby Hospital, Burnaby Lake, Deer Lake Place, Forest Glen, Garden Village, Highgate, Metrotown, Oaklands, South Slope, Suncrest, Upper Deer Lake
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Burnaby to unselect it and choose another city.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.