Counselling Princeton - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Princeton
The counsellors in Princeton address a range of issues including depression, anxiety, marriage issues and trauma. The professionals in the area may included psychologists, counsellors, and social workers.
If you search through the list of counselling professionals you will likely find a professional who can help you address any issue.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Princeton to unselect it and choose another city
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Walk and Talk Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Walk and Talk therapy takes your counselling session outside. Some clients feel that it is difficult for them to talk, think or feel, while sitting still. They need to move their bodies and feel that talking comes easier while walking. Others find it too intense to be so closely looked at or find it hard making eye contact. Most clients already have a love for nature or enjoy walking outside, and are able to make deeper connections in that setting.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Walk and Talk Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..