Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Vocational Counselling
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Vocational Counselling helps to prepare you for one of the biggest decisions you will ever make - choosing a career. A person's vocation affects their entire life. It determines a person's family life, economic stability and many future decisions. A good therapist who offers Vocational Counselling can help people starting out in a new career, or changing careers to make the right decisions.
During Vocational Counselling sessions, the therapist will help assess the client's strengths and abilities, as well as his or her preferences. A therapist can help you pick the best career that will suit your personality based on assessments and analysis.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Vocational Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..