Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Visualization
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Visualization uses the client's ability to access his or her emotions through subtle relaxation. It allows the client to focus directly on belief systems and issues by circumventing the brain, which usually acts as a censor.
Visualization utilizes imagery, which the mind recognizes subconsciously to deal with obstacles and challenges in the client's behaviour. The process also activates the physical body's restorative processes and healing powers.
During Visualization therapy, the client is guided to develop an image of something he or she wishes to achieve. The imagery provides direction, helping people to form a visual compass that will guide them toward healing.
Visualization is a helpful tool for people facing difficult situations, or those who wish to achieve certain physical, emotional or financial goals.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Visualization, please browse our list of practitioners below..