Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Spiritual Counselling
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Spiritual Counselling incorporates the different uses and understandings of spirituality that are in use today. In Spiritual Counselling, the word spirit refers to the essence of living.
Some people see spirituality as a set of rituals or traditions, while others follow a different faith. These beliefs are handed down from previous generations, or in some cases, people are drawn to a religion.
Spiritual Counselling encompasses all of that, as well as a person's personal well-being and that of other people. It incorporates beliefs, values, associations, arts, culture, worship, meditation and purpose. Therapists use Spiritual Counselling to help clients to connect with their own spiritual beliefs and communities. They will also point out issues where spiritual beliefs, relationships or practices might be contradicting values, beliefs or goals.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Spiritual Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..