Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Relaxation Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Relaxation Therapy, used therapeutically, relieves stress, manage symptoms of anxiety and improve sleep. Applied correctly and practiced frequently, relaxation therapy can improve a person's general well being.
The waking mind is constantly active, with thoughts swirling through it at an alarming rate. The mind remains active during sleep as well, and that is why people often wake up feeling tired. Restful sleep is needed for the mind to be relaxed and for the body to be healthy.
Relaxation therapy quiets the mind, allowing thoughts to flow smoothly, at a level rhythm that induces relaxation. A well-rested mind is rejuvenated, even while at sleep. Rest and relaxation improves overall health, boosts the immune system and helps the body to fight stress and anxiety to improve a person's quality of life.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Relaxation Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..