Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Psycho-Educational Assessment
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Psycho-Educational Assessment involves psychological testing to analyse a child's mental processes that underlie his or her educational performance.
There are many approaches to Psycho-Educational Assessment, and some are more effective and accurate than others. These tests will determine whether learning disabilities or disorders are present in a child, while also testing the severity thereof. It is important for parents to understand how to interpret the test results.
Psycho-Educational Assessment can be a stressful stage both for the child and the parents, as the results can impact on the child's future. It is important to discuss the results with the child in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psycho-Educational Assessment, please browse our list of practitioners below..