Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Psychedelic Assisted Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Psychedelic Assisted Therapy is a new and powerful approach that combines the use of psychedelics such as psilocybin or MDMA with professional therapeutic support to address mental health issues. These guided sessions, under the supervision of trained professionals can so often enhance introspection, increased insight resulting in significant therapeutic breakthroughs.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psychedelic Assisted Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..