Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Pain Management
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Pain Management therapy addresses the psychological issues that are part of chronic pain. Most people don't realize just how common chronic pain and how much it is influenced by the context of our lives. Once medical conditions have been ruled out, pain management therapy can address the influences of unexpressed anger, grief, emotional overwhelm, anxiety, or depression.
Unexpressed emotions, desires or needs often affect pain levels.
Pain management psychotherapy can help a client to confront the pent-up emotions to provide short term and long term relief. In addition to the above physiotherapy and medication adjustments are typically really important as well - particularly when the pain is not malignant.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Pain Management, please browse our list of practitioners below..