Counselling Vancouver - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Vancouver, Grandview-Woodland
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Narrative Therapy provides clients the opportunity to regain their ability to develop positive relationships by healing past wounds. It can be used in individual, family, adoption and couples contexts.
This type of therapy offers a respectful and non-blaming approach which acknowledges each person as the author of his or her own life. Narrative therapy assumes that people have a range of inner resources that help them deal with difficulties and problems in their lives.
Narrative therapy can be used with children, adults, in groups, couples and individuals. It can help them cope with traumatic events without the need to discuss it directly.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Narrative Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..