Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Hypnotherapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Hypnosis uses the power of suggestion while the client is in a state of extreme relaxation to bring about significant transformations. Clinicians who offer hypnosis use it in different ways. Most commonly, clinicians encourage the individual to use their imagination, because visualization is a powerful tool. Imagery is used to symbolically manifest circumstances as they wish it to be.
Hypnosis allows for deep introspection, where it helps the client to discover unconscious motivations and intentions, as well as experiences that are responsible for undesirable reactions or symptoms.
By circumventing the client's conscious thought processes, hypnosis allows them better insight into issues. This deep insight into a his or her psyche can be the catalyst for dramatic change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Hypnosis, please browse our list of practitioners below..