Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Humanistic Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Humanistic Therapy highly regards the value of human beings and their ability and willingness to develop competence and self-respect. As such, humanistic therapy can help people to use interpersonal skills to help maximize an individual's life experience.
Most therapists who practice Humanistic Therapy integrate social and cultural issues into their approach. The approach focuses on recognizing and improving on the individual's capabilities in choice, personal growth and creativity.
Humanistic therapy aims to learn about human perception of themselves in the moment and to recognize personal growth, responsibilities and self-direction. An optimistic approach, humanistic therapy helps individuals realize their inner strengths through an understanding and non-judgmental interaction.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Humanistic Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1)Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1)Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Racial Identity (1)Apply Racial Identity filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- (-) Remove Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filterAcceptance & Commitment Therapy
- (-) Remove Humanistic Therapy filterHumanistic Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (2)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter