Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
The Gottman Method Couples Therapy is ideal for couples who wish to develop a deeper empathy, awareness and understanding within their relationships. These are some of the important aspects that lead to interpersonal growth and deeper intimacy.
By using scientifically proven techniques and exercises, the Gottman Method Couples Therapy helps to break down the walls that prevent couples from communicating and bonding effectively. This method has proven to be highly effective in providing lasting results within relationship dynamics.
The Gottman Method Couples Therapy helps to channel effective verbal communication and to remove barriers. As a result, clients can expect increased intimacy, empathy, understanding, affection and respect.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Gottman Method Couples Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..