Counselling Vancouver - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Vancouver, West of Burrard St. - East of Alma St.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Emotionally focused therapy (EFT) has helped couples and family members to treat distressed relationships, depression and a range of other emotional difficulties. It is one of the most common treatments used in private counselling and psychologist practices, training centres and hospital clinics around the world.
The main goal of Emotionally focused therapy is to create a secure bond between romantic partners and to reorganize and expand critical emotional responses. It helps to improve communication between partners, which is more beneficial to the relationship. EFT is a practical therapy that has been used successfully in relationships and marriages for many years, due to the fact that it creates a spirit of respect and harmony.
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy generally only lasts between six to twenty sessions and has been shown effective in 90% of relationships.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: Some practitioners practice Emotion Focused Therapy rather than Emotionally Focused therapy. You will want to confirm that it is indeed Emotionally Focused Therapy that the counsellor/psychologist practices.