Acceptance & Commitment Therapy - Romanian Language
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is helpful in helping clients who suffer from a wide range of mental health issues. It is most commonly used for people that are having problems managing their emotions. It typically includes individual and group sessions with focus on skill learning of attention, managing emotions and interpersonal skills.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy helps individuals to cope with stressful situations and distressing emotions to help improve their interpersonal relationships. During times of stress, a person usually acts automatically with no regard for consequences, and this often leads to self-destructive behaviours such as self-harm, manipulation and poor eating and sleeping habits. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy can help a client to make better decisions.
During sessions, the therapist will discuss different viewpoints, because they share the theory that opposites can, and do, co-exist. The therapist will teach the client helpful skills that will help the client to accept or change a situation.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
This page contains names of counselling professionals who speak Romanian. Meeting with a counsellor or psychologist who speaks Danish may be your preference because of your comfort talking about feelings in your native language.