Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Body Centred Psychotherapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Body centered psychotherapy is sometimes referred to as somatic psychotherapy. It combines a range of approaches that promote psychological health while considering the body's role in healing and life experience. People often repress the impulses, emotions and feelings that form part of our experiences, and body centered psychotherapy opens up their understanding and experience of these aspects.
This form of therapy offers a level of healing that is not often experienced in conventional talk therapy. The conscious controls verbal expression and maintenance of muscular tension. Those functions anchor and reinforce a person's characterological responses to their environment. Body centered psychotherapy helps patients to become aware of their physiological sensations, impulses and emotions to gain greater control over their thoughts and behaviours.
A body centered psychotherapy therapist will guide the client to increase body awareness to become conscious of their movements, breathing, and the way in which they speak.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers body centered psychotherapy therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Brain Injury (1)Apply Brain Injury filter
- Bullying - Workplace (1)Apply Bullying - Workplace filter
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self Harming Practices (1)Apply Self Harming Practices filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filterAcceptance & Commitment Therapy
- (-) Remove Body Centred Psychotherapy filterBody Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Imago Relationship Therapy (1)Apply Imago Relationship Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Pain Management (1)Apply Pain Management filter
- Relaxation Therapy (1)Apply Relaxation Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter