Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Biofeedback
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy encompasses a range of six principles that aim to help clients develop greater psychological flexibility. The six principles include:
1. Cognitive defusion help to reduce tendencies to regard thoughts, memories and emotions as real and concrete events.
2. Acceptance is about allowing the thoughts to surface and pass without the need to allow them to interfere with daily life.
3. Being present means being aware of current existence and being involved with the now.
4. Self observation helps the client to be aware of the self and the unchanging consciousness.
5. Exploring values to discover those that are most important to the person.
6. Committed action involves setting goals based on the explored values, and setting actions in place to reach those goals.
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and is commonly used in therapy, and in it's sub-forms and helpful for a range of conditions, including OCD. If you require Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Biofeedback therapy trains the patient to control their physiological processes, including heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, muscle tension and brain wave activity (neurofeedback)".
Biofeedback commonly includes approaches such as: thermal biofeedback, surface electromyography (sEMG), respiration, Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and skin conductance. Some practitioners provide only neurofeedback (brain wave biofeedback), and some do not provide neurofeedback at all.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers biofeedback therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..