- Plaintext email only
- Physical health issues: Persistent pain due to illness or accidents injuries, chronic illnesses (like hypertension, diabetes), infectious disease (like TB, HIV/AIDS) and terminal ailment (like cancer, advanced heart disease)
- Mental health issues: Anxiety, depression, phobias, Stress, isolation, loneliness, anger, negative thinking, grief & loss counselling to both patients and their families facing advanced and progressive illness, death and bereavement.
- Relationship problems: Behaviour problems of children, marital disharmony, Pre-post adoption counselling
- Career and workplace issues: Work-life balance, job stress, career choices, resume and cover letters
- Enhancing Personal growth: Self-esteem, positive thinking, self-healing, mind-body balance, social and spiritual health,
- Clinical Specialities: Individual, Family and Group Counselling and Group therapies including Laughter Yoga, dance movements and guided meditation.
- Non-Clinical Specialities: Wellness Workshop Facilitation and Career Guidance and Team Building Workshops for Corporate and Non-Profit sectors
- e-mail and
- telephone consultations.
- Short and long term.
Confidential counselling and consultancy for many personal, family and work issues are now available from an amicable, trusted and internationally experienced professional; a personal Counsellor/Therapist, who speaks English, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu and Marathi languages.
Purnima is a Registered Social Worker, a practicing Counsellor, and Wellness Workshop Facilitator with a Master’s degree in Social Work (Medical & Psychiatric specialization) and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. She is a certified Laughter Yoga Instructor and an accredited Interpreter in Bengali, Hindi and Marathi languages. She completed certifications in Personal Counselling, Group Counselling & Facilitators Training, Advance Counselling, Public Speaking and Communication, Developing Your Training Skills (Train the Trainer) and Laughter Yoga.
She has more than 25 years of experience providing effective support, counselling and psychotherapy to bio-psycho-socially challenged people to achieve their health, relationship, life and career goals. She has lived and worked amongst diverse multi-cultural populations in India, UK and Canada (Toronto & Vancouver).
Empowering people to achieve their goals through inspirational solution-focussed and mind-body healing approach and knowledge base teaching of experiential self-help techniques are Purnima's strength and preferred style. She is a staunch proponent of self-healing attitude and will help you to understand the intricate processes of how your mind naturally triggers the body’s own repairing and healing responses and guide you to harness those mechanisms to achieve your physical, mental, social and spiritual health goals.
Purnima provides a safe, client-centered counselling services based on easy to follow, Seven Steps Mind-Body restorative connection to help you create the new meaning and lifestyle that you may seek. Purnima loves travelling, meeting new people, yoga, meditation, nature, animals, painting, singing, and dancing. She presents as a compassionate, approachable, warm and welcoming person and is known to have a calming therapeutic presence.
Areas of treatment includes:
The services offered by Purnima consist of:
The Clinical Approaches include are:
Solution-Focussed Brief Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Client-centred, Integrative, Mindfulness, Family Systems, Mind-body Healing, Expressive Group therapies.
Who Can Benefit from Counselling
Individuals, couples, families, children, elderly and groups
English, Bengali, Hindi, Marathi and Urdu (Functional Gujarati and Punjabi).
Client Fee Individuals:
Client Fee Couples/Families:
For further information, visit Purnima Gosavi's website.