- Plaintext email only
Anna Richards Counselling & Consulting
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and a certified conflict coach, located in downtown Vancouver.
My practice has a special focus on:
• Relationships: Building self-awareness and communication toward greater intimacy.
• Conflict: Learning to effectively manage and resolve conflict, both at work and at home.
• Depression & Anxiety: Learning to honour and understand difficult emotions, and harness them as tools for growth.
• Personal empowerment: Building on your intrinsic strengths to become your best self.
• LGBTQ: Sensitive, knowledgeable, queer- and trans-positive counselling.
* Trauma: Recognizing the effects of complex and acute trauma in our present lives while cultivating the necessary safety for the self to heal.
I work with both individuals and couples, and welcome people of all ages, backgrounds, genders and stages of life.
My aim in personal counselling is to create a facilitative relationship in which you are invited to explore questions, take risks, gain insights, and, ultimately, pursue your own life goals. In our sessions, we will:
• Work through difficult feelings, such as anger, sadness or anxiety;
• Develop skills for more effective communication, healthier relationships, and self-awareness;
• Build greater self-worth, well-being and happiness.
I meet with couples at many turning points in their relationships. My aim is to provide a neutral, supportive space where you can explore new ways of communicating and being with each other.
Couples counselling can help you to engage one another with greater intention. In our sessions, we will:
• Learn concrete skills to “take home,” such as active listening, reframing, assertiveness, and setting boundaries;
• Build self-awareness and personal responsibility;
• Cultivate safety with one another to allow intimacy to grow;
• Work through a specific issue, such as infidelity, conflict, divorce, and co-parenting.
I also work with families, particularly in the LGBTQ community, to discuss conception options, and help create parenting and family agreements.
I received my Master Degree in Counselling Psychology from Adler University, and interned at Dragonstone Counselling, a private clinic that caters to a diverse clientele of different ages, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Working with a diverse clientele continues to be a foundation of my practice.
I later completed a Certificate in Conflict Resolution at the Justice Institute of British Columbia, where I now work as a coach.
I opened my own practice, Anna Richards Counselling, in 2014, and later joined The Neutral Zone to expand my practice to include coaching and consulting.
I live in Vancouver with my wife and our two young children.
Client Fee Individuals:
Client Fee Couples/Families:
For further information, visit Anna Richards's website.